This really is the best low carb and keto cheesecake. Even my non-keto family proclaimed “This is the best cheesecake I have ever had!”
There really isn’t much difference between a “normal” cheesecake and this Keto cheesecake. The only thing we need to replace is the sweetener to make it sugar free, and the crust to make it gluten free. Mission accomplished!
I really wanted to make a keto cheesecake that was super thick and creamy, but didn’t have to use a water bath or any weird ingredients.
Prep Time20 minsCook Time50 minssetting time8 hrsTotal Time1 hr 10 minsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanKeyword: keto cheesecake recipe, low carb cheesecake, recipe for keto cheesecake Servings: 12 Calories: 600kcal Author: Jennifer Banz.
- 10 inch Springform Pan
For the crust
- 1 1/2 Cups almond flour
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
For the filling
- 6 Packages 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Cups Powdered Sweetener
- 5 Large Eggs room temperature
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven. Combine the crust dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix in the butter. Pour the crust mixture into a 10 inch x 4 inch springform pan and press halfway up the sides using your fingers. Use a flat bottomed cup to press the mixture into the bottom. Refrigerate the crust for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. If you use a stand mixer use the paddle attachment.
- Add in the sweetener a little at a time (about 1/3) and beat with the hand mixer.
- Add in the room temperature eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Finally, add in the vanilla and room temperature sour cream and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and even out the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven. Check after 50 minutes. The top should no longer be glossy and the center should still be jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the oven run a sharp paring knife between the cheesecake and the pan (this is to ensure the cake doesn’t stick. Do not remove the springform). Let sit on the counter for 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the springform pan sides, decorate the top, and serve. Makes 12 slices.
- NUT FREE VERSION: If you are intolerant to almonds, you can do a 1 for 1 swap with sunflower seed flour!
- PAN SIZE: This keto cheesecake recipe requires a large springform pan. I have linked to one in the recipe carb above. If you use one that is too small, you will have leftover filling.
- CRUSTLESS LOW CARB CHEESECAKE: To make this without a crust, line the inside of the springform pan with parchment paper. You can also butter the sides and bottom really well. Then continue with the cheesecake as normal.
- KETO PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE: Simply replace the sour cream with pumpkin puree and add in 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The most important thing you should know when it comes to making cheesecake is that all of your ingredients should be at room temperature. Anything that is refrigerated should be left out for at least 2 hours, preferably 4. That means eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese. Submerging your eggs in warm water will help speed up the process of bringing the ingredients to room temperature, as will unwrapping and chopping your cream cheese into smaller pieces.
- FREEZING: This is a large keto cheesecake but good news, it freezes very well! You can freeze individual slices or the whole cake…or half of the cake!
- This is a good reference for freezing a whole cheesecake
- To freeze individual slices, simply slice the pieces of cheesecake and place them on individual pieces of plastic wrap. Wrap them tight, place in a freezer bag or bowl, and store them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Any longer than 2 weeks and they will lose quality.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Fiber: 2g