Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 3-4 pound whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
To Make The Rub:
Combine all of the ingredients to create a paste.
To Air Fry The Chicken:
Prepare the chicken. Remove the chicken giblets, rinse the chicken inside out and remove any excess fat or pin feathers. Using kitchen towels, pat the chicken dry.
Then using a brush, brush the rub all over the chicken and make sure that the chicken is well coated.
Transfer the chicken to the air fryer. Cook 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes. Then flip the chicken over, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Make sure that the chicken is completely covered with the marinade before cooking to get more flavor.
- If your chicken is smaller/bigger than the one in this recipe, the cooking time will be different.
- The air fryer that I’ve used to roast a whole chicken, is this 4.2L air fryer so the chicken fit perfectly. It’s great for families and for cooking bigger amounts of food. If your chicken won’t fit, you can cut it up into smaller pieces or just remove the backbone (save the backbone to make homemade stock later!).
- Start with the chicken breast side up (as you can see in the picture above), then after 30 minutes of cooking flip the chicken and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Make sure that you check the doneness of the chicken before removing it from the air fryer. You don’t want to undercook or overcook the meat.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Use the leftovers for other recipes such as this Instant Pot chicken noodle soup, Rasta pasta, Caesar pasta salad, or meal prep for the week!
- Don’t throw away the chicken carcass, use it to make chicken stock or broth.
Calories: 169kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 118mg, Sodium: 901mg, Potassium: 372mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 670IU, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 1.6mg
Leave a Comment