Blueberry Bread With Lemon Icing
This recipe for keto blueberry bread is grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb and it’s diabetic and keto-friendly. If that’s not enough it also happens to be easy to make.
Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread Batter
- 2 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1 cup of sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 8 whole eggs
- 8 ounces of room temperature full-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of lemon extract
- 1/2 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen whole blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
Keto Lemon Glaze
- 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment paper a 10X5 inch loaf pan or two 6 inch loaf pans. (note if using two smaller pans check for doneness at 35-minute mark)
- In a medium-sized bowl measure then sift the almond flour. To the sifted flour add the baking powder, sea salt, and stir. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand-held mixer or stand-up mixer blend the butter, cream cheese, and sugar substitute until the mixture is light fluffy.
- Next add the 8 eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape the bowl several times.
- Add the lemon extract and lemon zest.
- To the wet batter add the dry ingredients and combine until well-incorporated.
- Fold the blueberries into the bread batter.
- Spread the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before taking it out of the pan. Then let the pan cool on a baking rack for at least 60 minutes before adding the icing, refrigerating, or freezing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Keto Lemon Glaze
- To make the lemon glaze imply combine the confectioner’s sugar substitute, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest, and heavy whipping cream. Stir until fully incorporated.
Baking times: For a 10X5 inch loaf pan 60-75 minutes. Check for doneness at the 60 minute mark and add foil and bake up to 15 minutes more if necessary.
For two 6 inch loaf pans check for doneness at 35 minute mark and bake up to 45 minutes if necessary.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 350TOTAL FAT: 30.6gSATURATED FAT: 11.4gCHOLESTEROL: 154mgSODIUM: 157mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7.2gFIBER: 3.5gSUGAR: 2.3gPROTEIN: 10.3g